BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MY TEACHING PHILOSOPHY

Teaching is a practice that takes time, effort, and determination in order to be successful. A great teacher should have their own teaching philosophy to encourage them to be a good and better at the future. My teaching philosophy is important for me during learning process. I believe that learning is a lifelong process. Learning is like the journey and not the destination. Life is more exciting and fulfilling when we are learning new things.

Firstly, my teaching philosophy is to be a great teacher. I should not only master in my major course, but in many things. This is because I want to be an individual that not only give to the students about what I had learnt in the class, but also in my life. I hope that, when I start my carrier as a teacher I have a time to further my study because as we all known knowledge is always developed. So, I should always try to improve my information knowledge.

As a teacher, I want to build a good relationship between my student and me. This relationship is important to show how much teacher are cares about their students. I want my student to have full free to talk with me about anything. They will share about their problem and I will try to solve their problem. I want to be a good guider to my students especially when they want my help to support them in their academic and even to solve their problems.

Teaching and learning for me are cooperative acts. The teacher not only imparts knowledge but also prepares and motivates students to accept and learn skills for future life. I believe that teachers do not transmit only academic information but social and personal life skills as well. I am not only teach them about the concept but also help them in developing their skill in life that can help them to survive in this world. Therefore, as a role model to my students I should have a good attitude that they can follow it.

Beside that, I also want to be a creative teacher. Means that, I want to make my teaching and leaning process more attractive and meaningful in order to attract the student attention and focus on the lesson. So, the lesson not to be more boring. I must use a variety of different techniques and learning styles during my lecture. I can use music, drama, graphical display, video, art projects, and more during my lecture. I also use technology like data logging, simulation, modelling and interactive whiteboard in instruction so that my student can understand more about the topic that have been learn. I must attempt to come up with something different and interesting that encouraged the students more interested in learning process.

Being a great teacher is not easy. A great teacher not only shown by their knowledge but it also shown by their ability to guide students to become success person in the future. My goal as a teacher is not only to see all my student can score in my subject but the most important thing is how they should apply knowledge that I had given to them. I hope I can make a great effort to be a good teacher one day and always refresh my teaching philosophy to be a good teacher. That's why from now, I have to do the best thing in order to achieve my goal.

0 comments: