BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

REFLECTION FOR ICT IN BIOLOGY


For this semester, the entire Biology student had to take the ICT in Biology course (TBC 3033). This course is about how to use the technology in teaching and learning process specifically in Biology and Science subject. Our class will be teaches by Prof Dr Sopia Md Yassin and Cik Siti Shamsiah. This subject is not has final examination. We need to do all the assessment during the whole semester.

In this class, I have learned a lot of new things. For example, I have learned about Interactive White Board (IWB), data logging, simulation and modelling, Picasa 3, Cam Studio and E-Portfolio. Those things are very new to me because I haven't used those technologies before. I very excited to learn about IWB because for me it is unique. IWB is a large interactive display that connects to a computer and projector. A projector projects the computer's desktop onto the board's surface, where users no need to control at the computer. Means that, I can control the computer by touching and clicking on the board using finger, pen or other device. Actually, using IWB in leaning and teaching process is a good way in order to attract the student attention and focus on the lesson. So, the lesson not to be more boring.

Through this course, I also learn how to make my own E-portfolio. This E-portfolio can help me to sharing my assignments, videos, pictures and opinions with other people around the world. Therefore, it is a good way to improve my communication skill.

Then, I had learned about the Picasa3. Actually, Picasa has various functions. We learnt how to crop the picture, make a video, create collage, edit picture color and many more. Picasa also make a picture nicer. In addition, the entire photo in Picasa will easily been uploaded into Picasa web album were we next can upload the photo from this web album into our blog.

Beside that, from this course I also learned a new things about the data logging which can be applied when we doing the experiment. The instruments of data logging are data logger and sensors. There are many types of sensors such as Dissolve Oxygen sensor, Temperature sensor, Pressure sensor, and others. By using data logging, we no need to spend a lot of time to wait the experiment until end and no need to plot the graph because the data logger will help them to take the data and plot the graph. Not all the experiment can be done through the data logging, but only certain appropriate experiment can be done. This subject can help me to improve my teaching skill because during this lesson, we also learn how to making a good engage, empower and enhance that can be applied during my future carrier.

Next, I also learn about simulation and modeling. Simulation and modelling is the alternative way to attract and encourage student’s interest in studying science subject. Science subject is one of the subjects that difficult to understand because it’s learning about the process that occurs in plant and animal. Therefore, when student watch this modelling and simulation video, it can help them to imagine about the topic that had been learn. Beside that, it also can help teacher to visualize the real process that cannot be seen by a naked eye.

In my opinion, this course is good for the science teacher to develop their teaching techniques using a technology. This new technology that I learn in this courses give more teaching techniques on how to teach in class when I become a teacher in the future. Now, I also known a little bit how to attract student’s attention by using the interesting and interactive materials that I have learned in this course. These courses also help me to improve my communication skill and teach me to be more creative person.


0 comments: